Thursday, October 26, 2006

Weird Places to Answer the Phone

Is it just me, or do some people answer their phone in weird places? A few weeks ago, I went to the bathroom in Target and heard one half of the phone conversation of a girl a few stalls down. It happened pretty frequently when I lived in a dorm my freshman year, too. Today I was trying on jeans at Kohl's when I heard a girl answer her phone in the dressing room across from mine.

It's always interesting when the person calling finds out where their friend answered from. In my experience, either they find it terribly amusing or really strange. "Yeah hahahaha I'm in the bathroom hahahaha," I heard the girl in the stall say. "Yeah I'm in the dressing room right now...no that's not that weird! I just thought you were calling for something important so I answered..." Brilliant reasoning right there. Just brilliant.

When I worked at the Off Campus Bookstore, I always hated it when people answered the phone while checking out. It's frustrating when I'm trying to tell someone what their total is and they proceeds to tell their friend to "hang on a second" and then ask me to repeat what I've just said. Checking out can be a quick process when you actually pay attention to the cashier. And you can always call them back--that's one of the benefits of cell phones.

No comments: