Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Buyback Time Once Again

At the end of every semester, students can go back to the bookstores to sell their books back for cash. Don't want to see that chemistry book ever again? No worries--get rid of it and get some money in return. So I find myself back at the bookstore once again to buy your books back and get some cash money for Christmas presents in the process.

As the days go by, I've started to notice some trends among my fellow students. Hey, you stand at a counter at the front of the store for a few hours every day and you tend to pick up on little things.
  • People tend to avoid reading signs. I've got to admit, I've been guilty of this one myself. But it does bring a smile to my face when people try to pull on the front door when you really should push if you hope to go any further. Especially when there's a sign on the door that says "PUSH." Or even better--when we're closing for the night and people try to open both doors at the front of the store when they're locked. The confused almost-customer tries both doors again, then turns his attention to the open/closed sign with the CLOSED tab visible and our hours clearly listed. Comprehension dawns on his face as the lights go out and the last employees drive away. Way to go, champ.
  • Some people might want to look in the mirror one more time before leaving the house. Ugg boots and Soffe shorts? Not a choice I'd make, but some girls do it. Hopefully they were rushing out the door and grabbed the first pair of shoes they could find on their way out. More than likely, however, they thought it looked cool. Poor things.
Hmmm...that's all I can come up with at the moment...more to come later I'm sure...maybe when I'm not worried about another final exam...

No comments: