Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Living in a Bubble

Since the first week I came here, I've said that living at Trinity College is like living in a UGA bubble within Oxford. I dine, travel, take classes, and hang out with UGA students and don't have as many British acquaintances as you might think. I share my time and my experiences with my fellow students here -- it feels as though we just transported a section of the university into the walls of Trinity College.

And that's precisely why it's going to be difficult to go back to UGA. I'm within walking distance of some of the greatest people I've ever met, and when we return to the university, we won't be able to walk 10 feet to each other's rooms. We won't be in the same classes or eat every meal together anymore. We'll be spread out across a campus with 36,000 other students. So when we get back, I'm going to make every effort to keep in touch with these people because they've touched me, and I'm not ready to let them go just yet.

I wish all of the people reading this could meet them and experience what it's like to live in Oxford. Choosing to participate in this program is perhaps one of the best decisions I've made in my life. Going home will be exciting, but I'm going to miss Oxford.

No comments: