Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Stateside Again

The past few weeks since returning from Oxford have been nothing short of jam-packed. Two days after landing in Atlanta, I returned to Athens to move into my new apartment and get ready for the semester. From there, I went to staff meetings, a Red & Black breakfast, college bookstores, Wal-Mart and the like, my first few classes, North Carolina for my great grandmother's funeral, and back here to Athens. It seems that I jumped right back into my ridiculously busy routine from last semester. Hopefully I'll be able to make it through the semester without too much trouble...

But there are some things I'm definitely looking forward to:
  • My photojournalism class. This one should be pretty interesting. I can't say that I wasn't slightly intimidated by the course demands and the complicated lecture today on f-stops, shutter speeds, and ISOs, BUT I think I'll be able to manage if I can keep all that information straight in my head.
  • Football games. I've said it once and I'll say it again: Football game days in Athens are an experience. Personally, I'm more of a basketball person, having played it myself for years and being part of a family obsessed with the sport. But that doesn't mean I don't look forward to spending a few Saturdays in the 92,000-seat Sanford Stadium cheering on the Georgia Bulldogs.
  • Breaks and holidays. If you compare the Fall and Spring Semesters, you'll find a considerable number of short holidays in the fall to break up the semester -- Fall Break, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, etc. Spring semester always feels much longer and much more tiring, part of which I attribute to the long periods without a break.

No comments: