Monday, July 30, 2007

Wordplay

Ha la la la la/
Listen closely to the verse I lay/
Ha la la la la/
It's all about the wordplay/
Ha la la la la/
The wonderful thing it does/
Because, because I am the wizard of ooh's and ah's and fa la la's/
Yeah the Mister A to Z /
They say I'm all about the wordplay...
-Jason Mraz, Wordplay

My friend Katherine Smith and I spent a little bit of time on Saturday coming up with great words that don't get used very often but should be used in everyday conversation. Here's the start of our list:
  • superfluous
  • galoshes
  • huzzah
  • cathartic
  • swell
  • repertoire
  • connoisseur
  • anachronism
  • apotheosis
  • hullabaloo
  • brouhaha
  • hoi polloi
  • jargon
  • antithesis
  • indubitably
If you have any to add, feel free to post them below or e-mail them to me at claiderbaider@gmail.com.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How about this word ... Bamboozle.
It's one of my favorites! Vivi