Wednesday, September 06, 2006

And so it begins...

First entry of the new blog...and I don't know how to begin. Thanks to Brian and Tyler for inspiring me to make the blog, and especially to Brian for helping me come up with the name.

And now an explanation behind the name "Claiderbaider" : My best friend Amy and I used to babysit for our neighbor, Drew. So one time Amy tried to get him to say "Claire Bear," but it came out more like "Claiderbaider." And the name stuck, somehow. Amy's family still calls me that to this day.

So what's new with me, you ask? Well, I just got my new assignment from the Red and Black. I'm going to interview a doctoral candidate in the department of anthropology about her 1-year scholarship to study in Mozambique. How cool is that? I'm interviewing her tomorrow and one of her professors on Friday. My editor said that it should run sometime early next week, so be sure to watch the Red and Black (or check the online archives for it)!

But alas, I must leave you to do homework. I have a good amount of reading to do before the day is through.

1 comment:

jinx protocol said...

Claider Baider sounds like a disease you get from having sex with tribal women in a small village, right? Just kidding. I'm glad you finally decided to jump on board. I invited you to be a "guest blogger" on my site, so you can talk about your work at the Red & Black and such. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Come post at my blog.