Saturday, September 09, 2006

Childhood TV

Ah, the magic of dvds! My friend David and I went to Target last weekend and came across a bunch of dvds of shows from our childhood. Here are some of my favorites:

The Animaniacs. Who didn't love this show? Yakko, Wakko, and Dot; Pinky and the Brain; Buttons and Mindy; Slappy the Squirrel; "It's time for another good idea, bad idea..."; "Wheel of Morality, turn, turn, turn...tell us the lesson that we should learn." Brilliant.

Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers. 2 chipmunks, 2 mice, and a fly making the world a safer place. It was one of my favorite shows and now they've put it on dvd. FAAANTASTIC.

Tailspin. Baloo and the gang flying planes around. I always really jealous of Kip's board that he used to fly behind the plane on. It was so cool!

The Muppet Show. Kermit, Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Gonzo the Great. The whole gang's here. And this dvd is the original muppet show that debuted in the 1970s, which is so entertaining.

Pinky and the Brain. "Pinky and the Brain, yes Pinky and the Brain. One is a genius, the other's insane..." "Gee Brain, what are we going to do tonight? ... The same thing we do every night, Pinky. Try and take over the world!"

There you have it. There are tons more, but those are the ones we saw last weekend. More to come later I'm sure.

Side note: I must admit that I was VERY distraught when I found out that they're not releasing any more Boy Meets World seasons on dvd. There goes my collection...

4 comments:

Brian said...

Very conclusive. I especially enjoyed the reference to Kip from Tailspin: I had almost completely forgotten about him, but you save his memory. For that I am grateful. However, I must say, your like of Fraggle Rock (seasons 1 & 2) is quite a woeful oversight indeed. Bad form, my dear, bad form.

jinx protocol said...

Here's a question: Do you think that Chip n Dale's alludes to Chippendale's whatsoever? It just seems strange, doesn't it?

jinx protocol said...

I mean, not in the show, but maybe the show name itself. Could it, do you think be an allusion to a group of nude men?

Claire Miller said...

that's an interesting thought, but i'm going to go with no. HELL no.